Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Update (YES I KNOW THE REFERENCE)

Hi.

I realized that I haven't really written anything of substance on this in a while, so I thought I'd give it a whirl before I watch another 3 episodes of Lost.

(I'm kind of obsessed with Lost right now.  DON'T JUDGE ME.)

Okay.


I'm a month away from being finished with my first year of college.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??!?

It's crazy.

Good news: I may be a little closer to figuring out what I wanna be when I grow up! :D

I'm looking into interpersonal communications.  What I'll do with that degree I really don't know, but at least it's something! And something that's not like a Painting major. (No offense to painting majors! You guys are talented. But what do you do with a degree in painting?!?  Well, besides paint.  Do you really need a degree to paint?)

SEGUE....(for those that don't know, that's pronounced segway. FUN FACT OF THE DAY!)

I recently had some blood work done to test for various health related things.  (FUN FACT OF THE DAY #2: If you get blood drawn and then play drums a few hours later, you get some pretty sweet bruises.)

Turns out I have hypothyroidism.

What is that?


Basically, it's where my thyroid gland (found in the throat, in case you wondered) doesn't make enough of what it's supposed to.  The thyroid makes a hormone that gives energy to the body which makes it work better.  My body just doesn't get enough of that, apparently.  So I'm on these cute little pills (seriously, they're tiny and adorable.) that are supposed to help my body get more of that hormone and hopefully balance some stuff out.

It's a good time.

If you wanna know more about hypothyroidism, here's a link to the webMD site.

Anyway, that's been my life the last few weeks. SEND ME TOPICS TO TALK ABOUT, GUYS. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW. PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!

That's all for now,
Alaina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment