Monday, September 17, 2012

Laundry room rants

    Now that it's a few weeks into the semester, I think I'm finally starting to get used to college life (especially if your definition of college life is hanging out in your dorm room a lot watching movies and tv shows on Netflix.) So, seeing as I didn't venture home last weekend (I had to go cheer on my football team-and by that I mean the pride marching band).  I had a rather large pile of laundry building up in my basket and decided to do some laundry. I could just as easily avoid doing homework on the eighth floor as I do in my dorm room.
   
       Now, I've done laundry here before, because there's no charge to use the machines (yet another perk of attending Missouri State, ladies and gents) and what I've come to realize is that very little of your time is spent washing and/or drying your clothes; it's mostly waiting for a machine. I sat for 15 minutes before a washing machine opened up, and now I've got at least another 20 minutes until a dryer is free. In fact, a girl who has 4 dryers going (and I know they're all hers because she marked them with sticky notes) just came in and restarted the timers on all of her machines. Which were almost done. And the timer restarts at 60 minutes. Needless to say, I'm a little ticked off.
I'm fairly certain I can fit all my clothes into one dryer. ONE DRYER. THAT'S ALL I NEED. Is that too much to ask, chick-who-has-four-half-filled-dryers-going-for-a-second-round?? Is it????

Later.....
 Ok, I finally got a dryer (and I was right: all my clothes fit into one!)  And apparently, the same chick that restarted her dryers did it again for a THIRD time (SERIOUSLY).  I also found this super cute video online, but I wished I would've found it when I was in the laundry room-I probably would have been in a better mood. So to brighten your day you should watch this super cute panda video.

That's all for now!
Alaina

 

1 comment:

  1. Cute panda video is cute. :O And what does anyone need 4 dryers for? O_O jeebus.

    ReplyDelete