Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Semester Down!

Well you guys, I survived my first semester of college!! It's so strange. It doesn't seem that it was that long ago at all that I was getting all of my stuff together to start, and now it's 1/8 of the way over! (Well, hopefully. Since I have no real ideas of what I would like to do when I grow up, who knows how long it will take me?)

Can I make money with my random pop culture knowledge? I have a lot of it!  If it were possible, I'd seriously consider dropping out of college.

I wouldn't drop out of college. I'd just consider it.

:)


Anyway, I came out of my first semester faring pretty well...however (and I know this will be a shock to some of you) I did get my first B.

*le GASP*

I know, right? Alaina Arner got a B???

Yep. (It was a B+, actually.) And I was thrilled beyond belief.  Pulling off a B+ in a 5 credit hour math class is no simple feat. Especially as a first year.  So I am now sitting at a 3.73ish GPA.

*Side Note: You know how in high school it didn't matter if you got an A+ or an A-? An A was still an A?
Yeah...not the case in college. Just so you know.

I say that because I got an A- in my honors English class, and it did bring down my GPA a bit.

But hey, I thought I was getting a B in that class too, so YAY A-!!! :)



So now I'm enjoying the last few days of freedom that I have before I go back to school.  I love being at home and getting to spend time with my family, but I'm kind of ready for this next semester. Hopefully some of these classes will help me solidify what I want to do with my life.  Plus, I kind of miss my roommates a whole bunch. (And Beth and Lauren, I now have Pitch Perfect in my possession. So GUESS WHAT WE'RE WATCHING??!?! I also got like 5 other movies, so get ready. lol)

Anyways....I think that's just about everything so far. Not much has happened over this break, and it was kind of nice that way.  Hopefully I'll have something interesting to talk about soon.  Plus, if you have anything (and I mean ANYTHING) that you would like me to discuss on here, message me or leave a comment or text me or email me...write me a freakin letter. Just let me know, ok? :) (but I do reserve full rights to veto any topic ideas that are submitted. Just sayin'.)

That's all for now!

Alaina :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on having one semester down!! and congrats on your B! I know I used to be one of those students that B stood for "Bad"....

    ReplyDelete